We are committed to providing a high-quality plumbing & heating services to all our clients. When something goes
wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards and correct the situation. If you have
a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not
resolved it within this time you may complain to the Gas Safe Register. All complaints will be logged into our
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a
copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. who will review your matter, file and speak to the member of staff who
acted for you.
3. We will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14
days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have
agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint,
including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a third party to
review his decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your
complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Gas Safe Register, PO Box 6804, Basingstoke,
Hampshire, RG24 4NB.
Notice of the Right to Cancel
Under the above-named regulation, you have a right to cancel this contract during a period of 14
calendar days from the day this notice is sent or given to you. During that period if you choose to
cancel the contract any money paid by you will be refunded.
However, if you have already given written approval for the work to begin before the end of the
cancellation period you may be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be
by electronic mail or post) this to the person named below. You may use the form below if you
want to but you do not have to.
The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or in the case of an
electronic communication from the day it is sent.
Complete, detach and return this form only if you wish to cancel the contract.
Customer Cancellation Notice:
Name of customer:
Address of customer:
We hereby give notice that I/We wish to cancel my/our contract dated:
Customer signature: Date:
This notice should be sent to AJ Heating and plumbing, 94 Gracemount Drive, Edinburgh, EH4 4HT.
Work commencing prior to the expiry of the Cancellation Period
We agree that: AJ Heating and Plumbing may commence work on (date) before my cancellation period has
expired. I understand that if I decide to cancel within fourteen working days, I may be asked to pay for any work that
has been done prior to my cancellation.